Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Driving Web Traffic to Your Site - Best Methods

The biggest challenge in almost everyone's web-based business is driving "targeted" traffic to your site. I've seen a little of what works and gets good results, and what is either useless or low-yield. I'm sure you have, too.

As much respect as I have for the "Gurus", there is one little bit of info they don't have, and it has to do with how successful they already are. Many of them talk about SEO or Google as a pay-per-click marketing venue. "Get to #1 in the organic search," they say, or "With Google's Adwords you can have tons of targeted traffic in an afternoon!"

My experience has been quite different. While I have been blessed to be better off than most, financially, I am certainly not a gajillionaire. The gurus touting both aspects of Google pretty much are gajillionaires already. Here's the point: they neither have to worry about how to pay for PPC campaigns of Adwords, nor do they worry about how to make the bills while they steep themselves in SEO lore.

Most of the rest of us can't afford that much time off to fiddle with SEO or finding just the right keywords, no matter how long their "tail" is. Wanna know where most of my subscribers have come from?

So far, two main places: Ezine ads (solo ads for me) and "safelist" email marketing. While I am blogging and submitting articles to ezines, I have not seen any major traffic come from those activities yet. I have no doubt that I will -- it's just a matter of time. But so far, I've had to buy my opt-in friends attention via safelists and solo ads.

I'd be interested in knowing what other real-world methods you all have found. If you want to know which safelists and solo ad venues I like, as well as what I paid, go to my affordable marketing training site, and I'll tell all. (It is password protected, but joining is free, and you get very cool info for doing so, so don't be shy.)

Well. Even though I've been marketing for years offline, better and better with each passing year, I am upper-intermediate in knowledge and just lower-intermediate in success scored on the web. One thing is for certain, though: there's no real point in any of you having to go buy three competing version of each marketing widget to find out which works best. Just read my reviews, comparisons, and articles.

As a parting shot, I want to just pass along the two most important things in my marketing world this week.

1 - Overwhelm your prospective client/customer with value, and
2 - Find a way to stand out from the crowd!

Hasta the next time,

Arlen

No comments:

Post a Comment