Monday, November 10, 2008

I Am Soooooo Angry at the Marketing Gurus!

A Marketing Course Nightmare


(Please watch this brief video...)

Okay, gentle reader, see if your situation is like mine:

I have spent five figures on marketing training materials, hundreds if not thousands of hours studying it all, found a lot of it didn't work without other pieces of the puzzle (e.g. I blew real cash on PPC marketing with only $40 return to show for it), and finally....

I got so saturated, discouraged, and spent out, I just sat there paralyzed.

Anything sound familiar, here?

It has taken me months to recover. I've opted out of most email lists I was on, and the few I remain with, I end up deleting most of the emails. To beat my saturation, I had to step way back, try just a few basic things, clear away all the clutter, and go with just a small handful of trusted advisors as my personally-chosen "gurus."

I've started posting my results, often as video clips, on my retaliatory website:
www.affordablemarketingtraining.com

My point with the site is to share, for free, what I've settled on as the must-have resources for information that really works, and a few ideas of my own, too. (Again, only what I've seen work for me.) I'll monetize it by taking affiliate commissions on those products I recommend that have them, but none of that will cost you anything if you go there.

Mainly, I see no point in not sharing what I've learned. Even if you and I end up selling similar products or services, competition will be minimal, and I want a place where all of us who are fed up with the whole racket can congregate and share info with each other. (As soon as I figure this whole website thing out, I may even create an official forum.)

Please join me both here at this Blog, and there at my site, and let's save money and get on with what we really need in these bad financial times -- more money coming in, no matter what business we're in.

A fellow sufferer,

Arlen L. Card
Media Composer
Marketer
Golfer with Delusions of Adequacy

http://www.affordablemarketingtraining.com
http://www.coresuccesscoaching.com
http://www.arlencard.com


NOTE: Please do not spam the comments section of this Blog -- let's have a discussion, not a selfish sales-fest. Since I'm hosting this Blog, I'll occasionally pitch my ideas, but please limit your links out to your modest resource box after a meaningful and helpful post. I'll nuke anything else, okay?

No comments:

Post a Comment